We are open from 9am to 3pm Monday to Friday and children are welcome to stay for the whole day or for just part of the day. Our sessions are broken down as follows:
- Morning session – 9am to 12pm
- Lunchtime session – 12pm to 1pm (packed lunch required)
- Afternoon session – 1pm to 3pm
We are flexible when it comes to the hours that children attend Puddleducks and make every effort to accommodate your preferred days and hours wherever possible.
We do require that children attend at least four hours per week. This enables us to maintain continuity in the curriculum and, in our experience, it helps the children to settle.
In line with other pre-schools, Puddleducks charges a one-off registration fee of £10 which is non refundable. This helps to cover the cost of the administration involved in registering each child and pays for a book bag for your child to bring to Puddleducks.
Puddleducks charges a competitive £4.00 an hour for each child aged three or over and £4.25 an hour for each child aged two.
All children aged 3 and over are entitled to 15 free hours of early years education a week for 38 weeks a year. Your child will become eligible the term following their third birthday and can continue to benefit until they reach statutory school age. Once your child is eligible, we will contact you to explain how it works and to request the necessary information.
In addition, two year olds may be eligible for a funded place if their parent(s) claims any one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credits or Working Tax Creditsand have an annual gross household income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax credit Run-on – paid for 4 weeks after the claimant stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit
A child is also eligible for a funded place if they:
- are looked after by the local authority
- have a current statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an education, health and care plan (EHCP)
- receives a Disability Living Allowance
- have left care through special guardianship or an adoption or child arrangements order (formerly residence and contact orders.
Please ask a member of staff for more information.
Childcare vouchers and payment plans
We are happy to accept childcare vouchers and to offer payment plans as required, please speak to a member of staff for more information.